Thursday, September 10, 2009

Monty Python

Hey all,

I've been catching up on my Flying Circus, and, at first, I didn't really enjoy the sketches very much, but it always takes me a while to get into Monty Python. Once I did that, I was hooked and now I can't stop thinking about it. The comedy was brilliant and innovative even by today's standards. While most people would characterize it as silly, I like to point out that it is, in fact, very high brow. On several occasions, they refer to famous philosophers and even have a sketch where they are playing soccer. These men are funny because they were smart. In my opinion, comedy takes a lot of work and quite a bit of intelligence. While comics such as Larry the Cable Guy may seem unintelligible, his act took a lot of work and has yet to be copied by anyone else, but I digress. Monty Python changed comedy and humor forever with sketches such as the parrot sketch, the silly walk, and the argument sketch. If you can find the DVDs, I can't recommend them enough. 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment