Wednesday, September 16, 2009

God is not a 14 year old girl

Hey all,

This has been on my mind for some time. I'm sure that people will call me a plethora of names for what I'm about to say, but this is not anti-Christian, anti-God, or atheist. I'll say it simply enough. God is not a 14 year old girl. An all-knowing, all-powerful being does not need to be reassured of its greatness. We can praise and worship God all we like, but I doubt that a being with this much power(if it exists) is going to do something special because of it. Saying thanks, once in a while, makes sense if you believe that God is really watching your back but don't you think God would want us to do something better with our time than tell it something that it already knows? You could be helping people who need help. By worshiping and praising God, you are missing the point. The bible (or specifically, Jesus) says to love God above all else, but to love thy neighbor (who is someone who helps another person who needs help). God would want us to be helping others instead of telling it (God can't really have a sex) something that it (an all-knowing) being would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment