Friday, September 11, 2009

Empowering hunger

Hey all,

It's a simple enough concept. Although, I have to admit that it is very much like anorexia nervosa to a degree. For many people with anorexia, not eating is a form of control and a form of power. Eating (or not eating) is something that they can control in an otherwise, hectic and uncontrollable life. However, this concept should not be lost on those who want to lose weight. Hunger can be empowering, and this is exactly what I've discovered. For so long, I felt as though food had an uncontrollable grip on me from which I would never escape. Then something happened, with knowledge and optimism, I empowered myself. I decided that I will not fail. I will not give in this time. Success is the only option, and food would no longer control me. I would control it. When I was became down, food would no longer comfort me in my time of need. Instead, I would go hungry at night and feel better for not succumbing to the empty promise and satisfaction that food brought. With each passing day, my resolve increased. Now, I am certain that I will not only drop the weight, but I will become healthy. Hunger has empowered me, and I think that many people in this nation feel empty and are searching for something to fill the hole. Food is not only an appropriate substitute but a fairly acceptible one. You can empower yourself as well. It's not impossible. There is a solution.

Now, I have to say that I eat. I have three meals a day, but I've decreased how much I eat per meal, and, if I snack, I eat vegetables. Already, I feel better than I have in four years. It's something to think about for those who wish to lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment