Sunday, September 13, 2009

9

Hey all,

I saw this movie opening night, and I have to say that I loved it. For those who don't know, the film centers around 9. He is a rag doll that has been brought to life by a scientist. He is able to speak and think, but he soon discovers that he is not alone. There are eight others who are all different from him. The world is the ultimate post-apocalyptic future where humanity has seemingly been destroyed by machines. However, the machines still exist and hunt the rag dolls. Nine first meets 2 who is apparently on his own wondering the ruins. Two also fixes nine's voice box and becomes his first friend. Soon enough, trouble rears its ugly head when a machine descends upon them capturing two. He tries to follow the machine but fails. Soon enough, he comes upon other rag dolls who are in hiding. They are largely fearful and controlling and refuse to after two, but 9 still does it anyway with the help of 5. This is where the story really takes off and I won't spoil anymore. Personally, I believe that the film presents an interesting argument and philosophy. Check it out. I loved it. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment