Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hawk Ridge

Hey all,

Fall is just around the corner, and it always brings back memories of Duluth. This is where I went to college. I still love it there and really miss it a lot. But, this time of year, I always think about Hawk Ridge. It's a high point in Duluth where people in the fall go to watch a massive Hawk Migration, but I especially enjoy the scenery. It's a beautiful view of the city during the day and at night. There is something so heartwarming and mesmerizing about it. Finally, the trees are beginning to change colors, and the view becomes so majestic that I ache to see it. It is something special because there are two mountains covered in trees to the north and a whole view of the city to the east. It's a short drive if you're there. However, you probably have to ask for directions or map quest it. Frankly, to this point in my life, it may be my favorite view.

Now, at some point, I'm going to move out of Minnesota, and I'm sure that I will miss my family and friends (those who don't come with me), but it's also images like this that will leave my pining for this state. It's grandeur at its best. If anyone else knows of amazing views, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment