Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chemistry lab

Hey all,

A friend advised me that I should write about chemistry lab. No other topic struck me, so I'm succumbing to the pressure. Just for the record, this friend is pretty attractive, in case people wish to persuade me into writing about another random topic. But, I digress. It was my freshman year of college, and I was kind of nervous about classes. At the first lab, we were just standing around (I don't think I was the only nervous one), so I casually mentioned the scar on my leg (I have a large scar on my left leg from a four wheeling accident, but that's another story). It broke the ice, and we began talking. Soon enough, we were in our groups. My group had three people: my friend Freeman, Nicole (the instigator of this blog), and me. We were a good team who were very efficient in the lab, and there weren't many shenanigans. However, I'm going to fabricate a couple. One time, we spilled hydrochloric acid on the floor, like 12 molar stuff, really potent. We neutralized it quickly with an appropriate base, but there was a hole in the floor for two years. The other embarrassing story occurred when we made deadly mustard gas out of chemicals that were supposed to create water. Oops! Don't worry, only six people were hospitalized. Needless to say, we were the legends of the chem lab and don't you forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment