Monday, August 3, 2009

Pop

Hey all,

I have a serious problem. I know that pop (soda) is terribly unhealthy with its high calories and low nutritional values. It also has carbonic acid which isn't good for teeth and carbonated water which affects bone density negatively. For some reason, I have not been able to quit the stuff. I know that I can or at least should be able to, but this hasn't happened yet. I thought that blogging about this issue would provide strength and a new resolve for me. My consumption wouldn't be so bad if it were only one or even two cans a day, but I drink probably an average of six cans a day. It shows too. I now weigh 330 pounds, and it's time for a change. I want this monkey off my back and, hopefully, I took the first step towards that goal today. Toss some helpful advice my way if you feel like it.

On a related note, my parents are both diabetic, and this seems to be the path in which I'm heading as well. It's a serious problem for this country as well as me, and I know that this chronic disease will greatly shorten my life. So, maybe, just maybe, I need to take this adage to heart: "If you think you can or you can't, you're right." It's time for me to believe in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment