Monday, August 24, 2009

Clearly, I don't look like an exerciser

Hey all,

I've run into a dilemma over the past couple of months. I have no desire to perform cardiovascular exercise. I lift some weights and working at my dad's sawmill is low level exercise, but I can't seem to do enough cardio. Occasionally, I play some basketball (which I'm not very good at) or go for a short walk, but I have to start covering three miles a day. Everyday! No exceptions! The only plausible way I can ensure success in this endeavor is to exercise in the morning which will be difficult. Or, I can do it immediately after I watch Jeopardy. But, it really comes down to motivation.

As I think about it, I don't know what's stopping me from losing weight. A lot of my confidence or lack there of is due to my body, but I can't seem to do anything about it. However, I also know that I'm not trying very hard. It's time for a change. It's time for me to lose some damn weight before it kills me. My blood pressure is high, and my blood sugar is probably above normal. I just don't get what it's going to take for this change to occur. There has to be an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment