Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Change...expanded

Hey all,

I should probably expand on what I wrote yesterday. I honestly doubt that anyone reads this, but what the hey. Yesterday, I outlined how I was a hypocrite and, in my opinion, an utter failure. In retrospect, I was probably a bit hard on myself. However, I was not wrong in the areas where I was lacking: Health, environment, and the underprivileged. To reiterate, I am currently a member of the underprivileged, so that one will be a difficult problem to fix. Yet, I can outline a plan for the other two. There is also a problem with this, and it's called planning fallacy. Everyone thinks that they are going to accomplish more than they do. Taking that into consideration, here are my plans.

The environment is an easy short term solution. I will look at products to see if they are recyclable, and, if they are, I will recycle them. In my area, no one has to recycle, so it is imperative that I help. This seems minor, but I have to start somewhere.

Health is simple as well. I need to reduce my consumption of food. I've began to eat more vegetables, but I fear that it's not enough. I have to eat less junk food which begins with pop. Also, I should set a weight loss goal of one pound per week which is only about a 500 calorie reduction in food intake for a day. Small steps are better than no steps. Here it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment