Friday, August 7, 2009

G. I. Joe

Hey all,

I just saw this movie, but I have to tell you that I wasn't a fan of it as a kid. I was just a little too young to really enjoy it, but my brothers loved the show and the movie. I also enjoyed this flick. It was campy, fun, and filled with action. The characters are developed well enough for a novice like me to identify and follow. But, seriously, the action was crazy, fun, and present throughout. As expected, the acting is less than oscar worthy, but, if anyone expects that level of acting, they will be disappointed. Finally, it was funny. And, I think, it was going for all of this. It's meant to be a little cheesy and somewhat laughable. Just in case people are wondering about the plot, I'll provide a little synopsis.

The story begins with the introduction of some new weaponry. A convoy is supposed to carry it to a safe destination, at which point, you meet Duke and Ripcord. The convoy is attacked by an unknown force (Cobra), and you meet the Baroness for first time. Just when things seem grim, the G. I. Joes show up with Scarlett, Heavy Duty, and Snake Eyes who save the day. The story is off as Duke and Ripcord join the G. I. Joes. To tell you more begins to ruin the fun, so I'm going to let you find out for yourself. You may be surprised just how enjoyable it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment