Thursday, October 15, 2009

Colbert Report

Hey all,

I love this show, but I especially have to give it credit for accurately lampooning politics. Stephen Colbert (announced Col-bear(oh, he wouldn't like that)) hosts this show as the fictional uber-conservative version of himself. Recently, I love that he has taken a stand for health and health care reform which I can't applaud enough. Best of all, the show has continued to be funny, smart, and on point. Any of which could easily fall by the wayside. Colbert also tends to lampoon religion even though he teaches Sunday school and is a devout Catholic. It's a pleasant change from the belief (in the U.S. at least) that religion is essentially infallible on television or in the media. Also, I have to laud his charity work (he makes plugs for charities on the show), and his recent trip to Iraq. While he doesn't seem like a supporter of the war, it was ballsy to go over to Iraq just to entertain troops and boost morale. Since I'm fawning over this show, I'll also mention the other segments that I really enjoy which are The Word, That's the Craziest F***ing Thing I've Ever Heard, and Alpha Dog of the Week. Finally, his narcissism another excellent part of the show with such efforts as having a Hungarian bridge named after him, and having a treadmill on the International Space Station named after him. Or, his effort to change the bible at conservapedia.com. Honestly, the entire show is great because I laugh out loud at it, but it also makes me think. Thank you, Dr. Stephen T. Colbert D.F.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment